Welcome

I've created this blog as a way to share my love of Albuquerque (or Q) and maybe an opinion or observation about life now and then! The Q is a city full of vibrant colors, people, and food. Its casual, relaxed style suits me to a tee. The skies are a vivid blue filled with big, white puffy clouds and more often than not, the days are sunny. You can never really get lost (something of great importance to me!) Just look for those Sandia Mountains to the east and you get your bearings. I have lived here for over 13 years but I know there is still much to discover. Armed with my new camera and a desire show off my adopted hometown, I invite you to join me as I unravel the secrets of Q...















Saturday, June 09, 2012

I met Hercules today!

I'm starting to think I'm a bad blogger.  I was trying to turn over a new leaf and post a few times a week and before I knew it, life grabbed a hold of me and a month had passed.  Yikes!  Anyway, let's hope that won't happen again. Or maybe you're thinking that's okay?  Hey, I need a shout out now and then that you're reading my posts.  It encourages me!  Otherwise I think I'm talking to myself and that's not good.  At least that's what I tell myself!  Wait... now I'm talking to myself again.  Yeesh!

I have to say I'm on Cloud 9 right now.  I got to meet Hercules today!  Yes, the one and only Kevin Sorbo!  Maybe you remember the post I did on his book last year?  If not, you can read it here:

While I had a bunch of things I wanted to say to Kevin when I met him, they just flew right out of my head once I came face to face with him.  Fortunately, I didn't turn bright red as I am prone to do around celebrities.  I think Kevin probably knew I was nervous so he kept up his side of the conversation quite well.  Maybe I should have written some stuff on my hand so I could have remembered what I wanted to say.  But how dorky would it have been for me to be looking intently at my hand reading stuff to him?  I can only hope that we will meet again one day and my brain will function better.  Needless to say, Kevin is a super guy and lived right up to all my expectations.






He even signed his book for me!


I just realized that in less than a year, I have met several celebrities: Rick Springfield, Jack Wagner, Doug Davidson, Mark Goodman, Ree Drummond, and now Kevin Sorbo.   It kind of boggles my mind but I hope the trend continues! 

3 comments:

  1. Marena7:20 PM

    You're just meeting everyone famous this year, huh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, Kevin is the most down to Earth ernest man I have met in the Biz. The more I learn about him the more I respect him as a man. For this past year I have been creating 3D animation and spoke to him about doing the voice over for me at Comicpalooza in Houston. I wanted someone that had my same values and he does. He is active in children enrichment programs like "Fit for Kids" and "The Boys and Girls Club" and putting on golf benefits like I have for 30 years. Even his political view is the same as mine. He has my respect as a man and I hope we have a fruitful working history. The Hero he is inside was really reflected in Hercules as well as in Andromeda. So he is so fit to be my hero that saves all Earth's DNA in "Mech Haven" to create a new planet: the gardians of the nursery for the future of our planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:01 AM

    Rick Springfield I would have loved to have met but the rest, never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete